Catholic Churches Big and Small
Written & illustrated by Stefan Salinas
Have you ever been inside of a Catholic church? Travel with a boy, a girl, their father and a nun as they explore the Catholic churches within a single city.
It’s a celebration of religious art and architecture - from the historic, to the modern, to the simple, to the ornate... We will encounter special furniture, statues, shapes, colors, stained-glass windows, murals, tapestries, various cultures,... We will learn why we attend church, and much, much more!
"This unique introduction to churches is highly recommended for elementary-age children."
- Sooner Catholic, Oklahoma City Archdiocese.
"A fantastic book. A simple storyline only adds to the stunning imagery. Simple words that roll off the tongue."
- Epiphanies of beauty
"The illustrations are detailed yet whimsical.The story is entertaining yet informative. Each page is a little work of art."
- Catholic All Year
"I really don't think I can say enough about the illustrations to do them justice."
- Karen's Adventures in Mommyland
Music:"Wolcum Yole" by Benjamin Britten, performed by the San Francisco Boys Chorus. www.sfbc.org From the CD "San Francisco Boys Chorus Sings live"
- Age Range: 3 - 6 years (& for older siblings, parents and grandparents!)
- Format: Hardcover, 50 pages Size: 9" x 9"
- Publisher: Camelopardalis
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0692200886 ISBN-13: 978-0692200889
- e-book ISBN-10: 0998608815 e-book ISBN-13: 978-0998608815
- Library of Congress Control N: 2014907020
- Artwork: Acrylic, pencil and ink on Canson Mi-Teintes (pearl, indigo blue) and Canson Bristol smooth 100lb.
- Text Fonts: Urdu Typesetting and Vani.